COMPANY FOUNDED IN 1882

A long history full of great changes and satisfactions, which have led the company to become one of the most respected and well-known industry partners.

The choices made by the founder and his collaborators have always proved to be pioneering.
Mohwinckel was the first company to bring on the Italian market the first kilogram of polystyrene, the first cellulose acetate, the first injection molding machine and the first extruder.

It is worth mentioning the desire to successfully merge two markets together: Italian and German.
Today the story continues, with the same goal: total customer satisfaction.

MOHWINCKEL S.R.L.'S HISTORIC DATES

1882

Arrival in Italy of the Founder Theodoro Mohwinckel with the representation of Heinrich Traun & Soehne of Hamburg, today New York Hamburger Gummi Waaren Companie, producer of rubber and ebonite, which operates throughout the country with its own dealers and agents.

1889

At the world exhibition in Paris T.M. discovered the then "new plastic material" Celluloide and brought in Italy the first sheet to be presented to the producers of horned articles, this was the first step in introducing and distributing plastics in Italy.

1901

Registration in the commercial register under n. 504 of the newly established Chamber of Commerce ..

1954

The company assumed the representation of Roehm GmbH, so shortly after the first sheet of Plexiglas, acrylic glass and the first kilogram of PMMA in granules entered Italy and created the Italian market for these products.

1969

Transfer from the old headquarters of via Mercalli, in the center of Milan, to the new building with ample warehouse and office space in Trezzano s/Naviglio right next to Milan bypass

2001

On 01.01.2001 the company obtained UNI EN ISO 9001/2000 certification for commercial companies.

SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER to stay up to date on News and Events

top